Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pret-A-Manger Lunch at Hong Kong Park - Life's Simple Pleasures


I am so easy to please.
I feel euphoric just because of the simplest things in life.

Such as...
- being able to put together a decent work outfit in just one attempt
- finding a seat half way through my MTR journey (cos asking for a seat for the whole journey is simply impossible),
- hearing a "good morning" specifically for me instead of "jou san" from my office building's security guy (he remembers that I don't speak Chinese ^_^ how sweet!)

...and...

finding an empty bench in the shaded, lower part of Hong Kong park at lunch time.

I was in the mood for an extravagance, so I splurged on a Pret-A-Manger lunch.

Not just one pack of half a sandwich, but everything. Soup, salad, sandwiches. Oh my!
The Fusili Pesto Salad was freaking delicious. Perfectly cooked pasta, creamy pesto, sweet and tangy dressing, fresh vegetables...pasta salad never tasted this good. Thank God for that, if not it would've been such a waste of HK$40


The Chili Beef Soup was everything it promised. Hearty, tasty, bursting with flavors. It costs me HK$30. Wow, I could do a full dinner at home for HK$30.


I had the Super Club Sandwich and sous chef had Grilled Chicken with Mango sandwich, every bit of these HK$22 each half sandwich was delicious. Frankly, I never liked sandwiches before I tried Pret-A-Manger's before.

...and I was also ecstatic...

Seeing them having lunch and then hanging upside down.

Far too cheery for a mid-week post, don't you think?

4 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, really nice! And your lunch looks really delicious, sort of like picnic in the park.

KennyT said...

That easy peasy to please you? Hahahaha, we can be good friends then.

I love Pret's creamy potato and leek soup!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh..you bring back memories of my many visits, and stays in Hong Kong. I LOVED HK Park. I now have 2 kids, no longer travel, but used to visit HK up to 5 times a year. Thanks for the memories!

Anonymous said...

Lunch looks nice, but I wanna thank you for the memories - I used to be in HK 5 times a year, and loved the park. Miss it terribly! Love your blog!