Friday, October 22, 2010

Spam & Pineapple Teriyaki Fried Rice

Ladies and gentlemen...
Spam & Pineapple Teriyaki Fried Rice
It's been a while (like 5 minutes?) since the last time I've spammed you...
It's time to spam you again!
Heheheh...

It's easy, tasty and super satisfying, my kinda meal.

Recipe
- 1 small can of spam, cut into cubes
- half a small pineapple, cut into chunks (or you can use canned pineapple chunks)
- 2 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, sliced thinly (optional - I omitted as I didn't have any at that moment)
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped (optional - I didn't use this as my sister HATES coriander)
- 2 plates of cooked rice (preferably left in fridge overnight)
- teriyaki sauce, fish sauce, white pepper, olive oil

In a tiny bit of hot olive oil, in a non stick pan, crisp the outer sides of spam cubes a bit (you can skip this step if you don't need the spam to be a bit crispy). Add garlic, shallot, chilli, and pineapple chunks, saute until the shallot slices turn transparent and the pineapple chunk released some juices. Add rice, season with teriyaki sauce, fish sauce and white pepper, mix well. Mix in freshly chopped coriander just before serving.

Gosh, I don't know about you, but I kinda enjoy being spammed this way ;)

9 comments:

busygran said...

This is easy and yet tasty! I like using teriyaki sauce in my cooking.

Joanne said...

I still haven't tried spam but I love how quick and easy this is.

pigpigscorner said...

I'm always up for spam!

Babe_KL said...

ahhh my kinda food too!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Me too, I like spam in my fried rice. ;)

AskAMassivePro said...

looks good

tigerfish said...

Spam me spam me! Uhhh, with fried rice only! puh-lease!

dewi ayin said...

aahh... thanks for not putting any cilantro in it ;) tasty combo!

Anonymous said...

Haaa I love it!
@RuthieAppleby