Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mie Soa with Oyster Sauce Grilled Chicken, Shrimps, Napa Cabbage & Shimeji Mushrooms

Mee Soa with Oyster Sauce Grilled Chicken, Prawns, Napa Cabbage & Shimeji Mushrooms
I am not a big fan of beehoon (bihun/mai fan/rice noodle), but I am a huge fan of mie soa (min sin), it looks like beehon, but it is more...stretchy and softer. My mom doesn't really cook, but she makes really good simple mie soa with silk squash and a bit of broth. She always made me that dish when I get sick. I am not sick, but I miss the dish and decided to make a version of it with ingredients that I had in my fridge.


Recipe
Oyster Sauce Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 - 1 chicken leg fillet per person
- Oyster sauce, sugar, pepper, oil
Preheat oven to 250C, rub the chicken fillet with oyster sauce, sugar, and pepper generously, add a dash of oil and rub well. Grill until the skin is golden brown and the meat is nicely cooked, set aside while preparing other ingredients


Broth
- 1 box of chicken stock (if you had homemade chicken stock, it'd be fantastic!)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- a cup of shimeji mushrooms
- a cup of napa cabbage, chopped
- a cup of shrimps (optional, I added this just because I had it in my fridge)
- a bit of oil, pepper, sugar
Saute garlic with a bit of hot oil, add napa cabbage, add mushrooms, add chicken stock, bring to boil, add pepper and sugar if you wish, add shrimps only at the last step and only until it's just opaque.


Mie Soa
- allow 1/2 to 1 piece of mie soa per person
- Boiling water, salt
Dip mie soa into a pot of boiling water with salt on stove top, just until it's softened, shock with cold water if not consumed immediately. Place mie soa into bowls, add broth, mushrooms, veggie, shrimps and sliced grilled chicken and...


...slurp!

Campaigning for Baby Marcus to win a photo contest to have his photo printed on Hong Kong Huggies Bus has helped SC and I take our minds off SC being in a hospital etc...
Thanks so much for all your support, guys. Greatly appreciate it!
If you haven't voted and you want to, here are the handy links:
First, click LIKE on this page:
Huggies HK Page
and then click LIKE on Baby Marcus' picture:
Baby Marcus' Photo
Batik Baby
Thanks againnnn, we don't want Baby Marcus to miss the bus, don't we? ^_^

8 comments:

sydneylyn said...

i love meesua or misua too!! love them more that rice noodles hehe :) what i do is just cook some chicken stick then add misua, bai tsai, and a variety of mushrooms and dried scallops.. my perfect comfort food! :D

ann low said...

Your misua looks so delicious and I wish I can have a bowl of your misua right now.
I'm going to vote for you now :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

I actually like beehoon more than misua, but yours look great with the grilled chicken.

Joanne said...

Personally, I love all noodles equally...but i've never had these mie soa! Need to change that immediately!

Lena said...

This dish looks delicious. a great combination of ingredients! Tasty

daphne said...

awww. he is so adorable! Hope he will win ;) and SC is feeling better soon too?

I do like Mee sua as well, it is so easy to eat esp in soup. I like what u have done with grilled chicken! and all the mushrooms.. yum!

Kay @ Chopstix2Steaknives said...

I love Mie Soa...looks really delicious...the first time I had it was in Taipei though....=)

Aimei said...

I love this ! With all the good ingredients in one bowl!