Friday, June 17, 2011

Kuala Lumpur Street Food

When I travel, I don't always try to dine in famous eateries. I normally just eat wherever and whatever, but I'd try to eat something local.

The following deliciousness are from a dai-pai-dong style eatery near Sunway Pyramid, Kuala Lumpur.
Kuala Lumpur Street Dining

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining
Char kway teow. One of my all time favorite. I order this every time!

Tayy...satayyy....
Kuala Lumpur Street Dining

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining
I am not too crazy about sate padang, but my workmate lovessss them much!

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining
Fried carrot cake, come to mama!

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining
Plump and juicy oysters, I love you.

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining
Sambal grilled stingray. I so need you right now. Could anyone make this available in Hong Kong?

Kuala Lumpur Street Dining
My favorite drink when I was in Malaysia, teh-o-ping (iced sweet tea).
This is how I love my tea. No lemon, no milk!

Malaysian street food, I miss you already.

20 comments:

Saul Karl said...

Looks awesome...

e_ting said...

YUM!!! I love Malaysian street food, and my, your photos are amazing, esp the opening shot and the satay stall ones!!

Veny said...

wowww i've never been tried this place , usually eats at Bukit Bintang Jl. Alor .

shellie said...

yummmmmmy....i just had some lamb belly satay at an indonesian south east asian fusion place in los angeles but im sure it was nothing compared to that....it looks absolutely amazing!

Joanne said...

I think you've made ME miss malaysian street food and I've never even been there!

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

Your pictures look good enough to eat - I'll take that fried carrot cake NOW! Thanks for sharing these delicious dishes:)

www.theglamorousgourmet.com

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

this is really bad! i'm so hungry right now, and looking at photos of food as delicious as those is not helping me . hehe!

-abby

mochaccinoland said...

Everything looks so yummy! They are all my favourite street food!!! *droolz*

Raquel @ Erecipe said...

I like the pictures and the food it looks yummy, we are having plans to go to Malaysia and I will definitely try those street food.

sydneylyn said...

Great pictures so dramatic and yummy!!! ^.^

offline said...

oh dear realy getting hungry ^^ this looks so delicious, did you take the pics ?

lovely blog :)
Following you

HUGS from germany ;)

gardagens.blogspot.com

tigerfish said...

You make me so hungry! I am liking all the food you are eating. The char kway teow, fried carrot cake...woo la la...

Arudhi said...

Lived there for a year and I totally agree that the street food is just irresistible! I gained weight a lot back then :D That grilled stingray fish is surely a winner!

Cooking Gallery said...

Drooling over the char kway teow and fried carrot cakes...!!! Street food rules...:D)!

fashioneggpplant said...

i had the sambal stingray in singapore and i just really fell in love at first bite! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh man, you featured all my favorite street food too, soooo miss it.

Chris said...

It is 2 am here and I am missing all that food!! There is NOTHING that can rival Msian street food. Most of the faves u listed, I have to add, originated from Penang. So, for the real deal and at a much cheaper price, u'll have to try Penang! For the grilled sting ray, try using Tean's fish sambal paste as a marinade. Btw, hope u picked up some of Tean's Gourmet products; most authentic and priced reasonably. Exported to Aust, Canada and the US, so I think should be available in HK.

augustalolita said...

omg these all look so delicious!!

princessmicah said...

your post makes me miss malaysian street food too. when i was there i spent so much on food than on clothes and any other things. haha

Alice said...

i love all especially the char kwayteow and the stingray!
Rita, u made me drool at 1.30am! :P